Friday, October 16, 2020

Real Estate Brokers LOVE Scripts


The other day, I referenced this Jennifer Allan-Hagedorn video in the comments of another post.  But I think it deserves its own post.  Jennifer's take on real estate brokers using scripts is very similar to my own.  She is not a fan.

But I have to point out what I posted as a comment to her video:  The fact is, many brokers use scripts because they work.  This is a reality in our business.  Most consumers only enter the real estate market a handful of times in the course of their lifetime.  So they are quite susceptible to this nonsense.  And brokers take advantage of this.

I have said this before, but it is worth repeating:  If you cannot trust someone to have a sincere and genuine conversation with you, how on earth can you trust them with something as important as a real estate transaction?

If you are reading this blog, this probably does not apply to you (whether you are a broker or consumer).  But scripts do seem to work for many.  Not sure what to do about the practice other than shine a light on it.  Sadly, I don't see a way to drive the script-readers out of the temple.

We'll come back to this topic.
𓐵

No comments:

Post a Comment